Bush Kindy (Term Booked) is ideal for children from 2 years of age. It offers children nature play opportunities to:
- lead their play,
- move and groove – strengthening small and big muscles,
- self-assess beneficial adventurous play,
- develop imaginative and creative skills,
- engage all the senses,
- learn about seasonal changes in the local flora and fauna,
- learn how to use real tools
- be involved in some facilitated literacy and language stories and songs,
- learn about and understand the importance of the natural world.
When and where we meet
Bush Kindy (Term Booked) is held weekly from 9am to 12pm on Thursdays during the Queensland school terms.
We meet at meet at our bush site, beside the athletics sandpit area, at the start time. Our bush site is located in Leslie Patrick Park, Everton Hills, North Brisbane in the Moreton Regional Shire.
What we do
Led by Joanne Sørensen, a qualified Early Childhood Teacher and certified Forest School Leader, these nature play sessions offer your child the opportunity to explore, discover and experiment through play. Activities at Bush Kindy (Term Booked) can include crafting with nature items, nature weaving, clay play, woodwork, using drills and so much more.
Each week, Bush Kindy (Term Booked) typically follows this routine:
9:00am | Arrive & safety talk
Arrive in readiness to begin.
Acknowledgement to Country and compulsory safety talk for all participants. At this time we will discuss the morning’s play and any seasonal changes occurring in our natural environment.
9:15am | Let’s play
Time to play! Parents and children enter the bush site to explore the many sensory and nature-based learning experiences.
11:30am | Pack away
Together we pack away and prepare for a story reading and/or music session.
12:00pm | Goodbye
Reflections of our play, thank you and goodbye.
Our bush site has a large pram-friendly grassed area at its entrance which is our morning tea area. You and your children can stop for a snack at your leisure. Everyone must use the handwashing/sanitising facilities available before entering and when leaving the bush site. Please be aware of possible allergies and only consume food and drinks in the morning tea area.
What to wear and bring
- Closed-in shoes for both adults and children. No thongs or sandals please.
- Dress appropriately for playing outdoors based on the weather of the day. Please wear a hat and sleeved shirt. or your wet weather gear on rainy days.
- Remember to apply insect repellent and sunscreen.
- Please bring your own food, water, and picnic blanket or chairs to enjoy in our morning tea area at your leisure.
What does it cost?
Each session is a mix of exploring the local bush surrounds, complimented by focused sensory and early learning experiences with quality resources.
We require a minimum of 5 families for the session to go ahead. If there are any changes in the program, participants will be contacted, and an announcement posted on social media.
|One child||From $260|
|Two children (same family)||From $360|
|Three children (same family) or Family Day Care group||From $460|
|Four children (same family) or Family Day Care group||From $510|
- All payments for sessions are due in advance of the school term, non-refundable or transferable as we allocate that session space just for you. We use the TryBooking system for all payments.
- We operate a COVIDSafe plan and numbers are limited to 10 families per term at this time. You can email us to register your interest when a rare place becomes available.
- A refund will be given if session cancellation is required due to an extreme weather event.
- In the event of teacher illness, a refund for the session will be offered.
- In the event you are unable to attend the session for any reason, no credit will be offered.
- In the unexpected event a term of sessions must be cancelled, a refund for remaining sessions will be offered.
- If you have booked and are unable to make it, we kindly ask that you let us know.
We are proudly a Moreton Regional Council Licensed Business, a member of the Australian Forest School Association, a Nature Play Qld Activity Provider and are fully insured.
If you have any further questions about Bush Kindy (Casual), activities or nature site, I welcome you to contact me via email, Facebook or Instagram. Alternatively, you can complete the form below.
I look forward to hearing from you!
DROP ME A LINE
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY